Saturday, October 8, 2016

Week Seven in the MTC

ONE MORE WEEKKK!!!!! I can't believe I have been here for seven weeks now. It's crazy to look back at the last two months and see where I have come from, but I am just so blesses to have had such experiences here in the MTC. As much as I want to leave I will miss this place, it finally grew on me. Well I can go on and on about how excited I am about leaving and finally touching ground in Tahiti, but let's get a recap of the week! So Tahitian and French are going great, I mean I speak better French than Tahititan, but je peux parler le francais et reo Tahiti maitai'roa mana'o vou i te nehenehe vou pauru reo Tahiti et le francais sa peux aller. J'aime parler le francais et le tahitien, c'est tres beau! Anyways, I hope some of you can understand that haha. I said goodbye to a lot of people here, it seems like I see them come and go and it's weird because that's going to be me next! On Wednesday we received the new Tahitians that will replace us after we leave. One of them is half Tahitian, like me!!! It's so exciting and I just love being able to connect to people so quickly. I met someone who went to BYU- Hawaii before entering the MTC and and I just cannot wait to attend BYUH after my mission. She was saying how some days the teachers would just cancel class because of how nice the day is! I am just so excited to have so many adventures there. Today I was able to some service in the temple and I had the most spiritual experience I have ever had. I felt like the work I was doing for other people who have passed connected me to them; I felt their presence and it was almost like they were talking to me. I was crying with tears of joy. I knew that what I was doing helped someone- I never felt so much joy and happiness in myself and for them also. I will never forget that. I have one more week here and I want to make it count. I made a goal for myself to push through the final stretch and really get to work with the language and feeling the spirit. I want to leave this place knowing I got something out of it. I know I can. I want to bear my testimony in French: Je sais que Jesus Christ et Dieu vie. J'ai un grand teimoignage qu'a travers Jesus Christ et Dieu Je peux recevoir la paix et j'ai aussi l'opportuniter de partager ce message aux peuple de Tahiti. Je sais que l evangile du Christ leur donnera du bonheur. I can't wait to share my next chapter with you guys, Tahiti is calling and I am ready to go, I'm called to serve! NANA!

Orematua Todd

                                       

                                       

                                       
              
                                       

                                       
  
                                       

                                       
                         Saw all of them come and now I get to see them leave
             An old friend from Paso 1 ward. Happy to see Elder Corbin Hughes



                         Flowers from all of us to celebrate our teacher's birthday


No comments:

Post a Comment