Saturday, October 15, 2016

My last week in the MTC

Okay guys!! I have to keep it short because I have a lot of stuff to take care of today, with packing, laundry, temple, cleaning the dorm, and last minute things for class and language. It's so exciting to know that in two days I will be back home on the little island of Tahiti! I am leaving the MTC on Monday morning and will be arriving in Papeete Tahiti late that evening. I have so much excitement and I can't hold it in. Every morning for the past week I've woken up just yelling how many days are left! I still can't believe that I am actually going. It has been a long nine weeks, as I have expressed a lot, but I am actually glad and thankful for the time that I had here at the MTC. I know if I would have had less time here, I wouldn't be as prepared to enter as I am now. I would still be dealing with other things that would take me away from the work. But the time here allowed me to grow a bit, and I can say now, I am ready. This week was pretty eventful. I said my last goodbyes to some friends Monday and Tuesday and looking back I woke up at 3 am every week to say goodbye; it's quite sad to say it will be my last time doing that, but I am happy it's me who's next. Tuesday night's devotional was given by Elder David A. Bednar. He talked about how he studied conference and how we should study it, too. It was really insightful and just the things he would say... I could feel them coming directly from God. He is such a powerful speaker and I am so grateful that I was able to witness him speak before I departed. Wednesday, the new missionaries came and it was a pleasure to greet them for the last time. Thursday, our last class with Frere Vanderhoms was just the saddest thing ever. I honestly wouldn't still be here if it wasn't for him. He has helped me countless times and I am so grateful for his guidance and counsel. He is my friend and I know he loves me just as much as I love him. I will never forget the experiences we shared together... Everything this week just went by so fast; now I am leaving the MTC very soon. It is finally happening, the work is just about to begin. My prayers have been answered and I can't wait to witness the joy of preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, to be lost in his work. to fall in love with the people, to find myself, and to see all the blessings my heavenly Father has for me. Je sais qu il vit. Il m aime et Il a repondu a mes prieres. Il est toujours la (I know He lives, He loves me, and He has answered my prayers. He is always there). For my next update I will be in my new area and I promise I will have pictures of the beautiful islands for you!

Take care, love you all and goodbye.
A bienot, Je vous aime! Au revoir.

Elder Todd

P.S. here is a link to all my mission photos, some that are on the blog, but others that are not!: tevatoddflickr



                           Elder Loder off to Romania!

                              New flowers at the MTC


      Sister Colling's last day; will miss the crazy adventures we had!

No comments:

Post a Comment